Thursday, December 29, 2022

New Year, New Flames?


I could go on for hours about what the Flames' needs are, but I wonder if bringing in a bunch of new players is the solution. Don't get me wrong, the Flames could use a top-six winger and a new goaltender, but realistically they can only bring in a few. 

The Flames have enough talent to compete every night. Huberdeau needs to start playing like he is capable. Lindholm has to pull up his socks, and Kadri needs to maintain his effort. My post-Christmas gift to this team is a lump of coal.

But, since this is not the spirit of the season, I will offer up an olive branch. The Flames need another sniper to add some offensive punch. So here are a couple of options. 

A Brian MacLellan Player

I would love Max Domi of the Chicago Blackhawks. Not the Blackhawk name you were expecting, I know. Max has some grit and can score with a Huberdeau; he just needs a chance. A power forward who could be the 20-goal scorer the Flames need.

The Defense needs a touch player. The Flames need one more defenseman who can stabilize the core. Someone who helps cover some defensive mistakes.

A Jamie Macoun Player

Nick Holden is an option for a steady number-five dman who might help in a pinch. I don't want a star, but someone who can help with defensive zone coverage. His cap hit is cheap, and we can afford to take that on. 

This team needs to take responsibility for what is going on. They don't need an overhaul. What they need is to start playing like they're capable of. 

Randy

No comments:

Post a Comment