Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Joey Moss: We grow a little sadder today

As I was a little saddened today, my heart aches as the world lost a friend today in Joey Moss. I will never forget what he meant to the Oilers fans and every hockey fan in general. My most significant memory of him is when he sang Oh Canada. I have never felt so emotional as I did that day.




Joey Moss was loved by everyone he left. His spirit represents why this game of hockey is Canada's game. Every time I saw him, he had a smile on his face; he was right there through every step of the Oilers' growing pains. Joey never gave up, and he never let the Edmonton players give up. He was as much a part of the dressing room as every player through the years was. 



 

There are not enough words I could write that could describe how much Joey Moss was loved. Every story the media did on Joey, it made me pull for him. Every time I saw him smile, it gave me the reason to smile. No matter what Joey was going through, you would have never known it by looking at him. He gave me the motivation to keep going; he represents the will to win.




Joey, in my heart, will be not only an Edmonton icon but an Alberta icon. His heart and soul will live on. Thank you. Thank you for the encouragement you gave the players, the city, and, most of all, for me. Joey was elected to the Alberta Sports Hall of Fame in 2015. 





God Loves you, Joey, as do we all. 


Randy

No comments:

Post a Comment