Friday, September 25, 2020

Calgary Flames: Fasten your Seatbelt, it's Time to Make Some Decisions

 



The Flames have to make some decisions in the locker room as the UFA'S are climbing up, especially on the blue line: Travis Hamonic, Derek Forbert, Michael Stone, and TJ Brodie are free to test the market. So who do we keep and to who do say adieu?  


Travis Hamonic


I do not think we have much choice on this one; Travis is testing the market. I think he wants to be closer to home. I expect Hammer to sign in the Peg (Jets). The Flames are going to miss him, but I think he has run his course in Calgary. 


TJ Brodie


If the Flames can afford to keep him, I think they might. The problem is, I think TJ has priced himself out of the Calgary market. The Flames really need to keep one of these defencemen; I am hoping it's TJ.


Derek Fobert


He is what he is: a fifth or sixth defenceman. Manageable, but easily replaced. I suspect the Flames are planning to go young, so I am not expecting Fobert to come back. Strangers things have happened, though.


Michael Stone


Stone has no desire to come back and his services will no longer be required. I would be shocked if he signs here. However, he is feasible as a number seven. 


Last word 


The Flames are active, as we all have heard, looking for a new goalie. Expect them to be clearing space if they feel they can sign Hall. Fasten your seatbelt—I am expecting a fun ride. 


Randy





No comments:

Post a Comment